Saturday, September 15, 2012

Jared turns 12!

How did this happen? I couldn't possibly be old enough to have a twelve-year-old son. Yesterday I was remembering going to the hospital twelve years ago. The doctor had promised me that he would be born on the 14th and that he was going to be around 8.5 pounds. He was born well after midnight and tipped the scales at 9 pounds, 5 ounces - not to mention a huge cranium (that I blame on Jeff)!

My wonderfully talented, incredibly smart Jared has continued to bring me joy and challenge me every day since he was born.


Jared reading his card from Grandpa. The card talked about what a great grandson he is.


Grandpa gave Jared a comb/brush that folds in half. Jared had seen Grandpa use one and had been asking for one. Josh and Kerry gave him a new soccer ball.


Nonni and Bobpa gave him a long board skateboard (his soccer coach will be so excited!)


This was the second of three desserts that Jared requested (vanilla cake for book club and brownies for the soccer team). Red velvet is his favorite and with all of the baking, I had forgotten to buy candles (hence the 3 x 4 = 12). 

He is an incredibly lucky kid to have an extended family that loves him so much and which attends almost every one of his events. 

No comments: