When I got home from work last night (my birthday eve), Jeff and the kids presented me with this card.
Age has never been a huge issue for me but seeing "35" in print made me shudder. Then I opened it to see all of the wonderful plans that my family had for me.
If you can read it, it talks about 35 things that they are going to do for me today. Many of them are my favorites. The best one might be "Flush the Toilet" - that is not always an easy one around our house. :)So in the tradition of my friend Glen Barney who sends out a yearly birthday email, I celebrate this great day with gladness!
My father-in-law has a tradition of telling us how grateful he is for us on our birthdays and why he is thankful that we are born. So in that spirit I voice my thanks to all of you. I am grateful for my wonderful husband that works hard and makes it his mission to show how much he loves me daily. I have a great job and work with people that I enjoy. I am blessed with an amazing extended family, including parents that live close and are so much fun to be around. I was awakened by five wonderful smiling faces (the fifth was Duke) that love me! I vow this year to enjoy more of life and to focus more on the smiling and less on the tantrums.
I hope that I will see more of you in my 36th year! Some days it seems that we might just be getting things in order! I love you all!
7 comments:
Happy Birthday to YOU! You look awesome at 35! Miss you guys!
Happy Birthday! I even remembered :) I read the list and got a laugh out of flush the toilet and sit on the couch properly. hmmm, challenges at your house??? I love you and miss you, Carli. I hope you have a great day (and how could you not with a day planned like that?)
Happy Birthday to you!! I love you and your family and you are all amazing. I look forward to seeing you guys again at the end of the summer. Love and kisses to all of you. Have a great birthday. -Cousin Catherine
Happy Birthday! It was fun to see you today at the park. We don't see nough of each other. Take me up on the drop off sometime! I hope you have agreat one! xoxo
Happy Birthday sweet Carli! I am so grateful that you are in my life and in my family. You are awesome and so is your adorable family. Take it from someone who has just a few more years on you. Enjoy every moment. Tomorrow doesn't really matter. Right now is what really matters. I love you!!!!!
I love the card! What a cute family you have:) I hope you had a great day and I hope you understood our message we left. The kids decided to scream instead of sing. We love you!!!
Happy Birthday Carli!
Post a Comment