Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Dog Party

A dog party! A big dog party! Big dogs, little dogs, red dogs, blue dogs, yellow dogs, green dogs, black dogs, and white dogs are all at a dog party! What a dog party! (In case you don't have children or haven't read this book it is Go, Dog. Go!)

When I was a child, we had a dog named BooBoo. He died when I was five years old but I have many memories. One of my favorites is the day we threw him a dog party. We made party hats and invited all of his dog friends. I mentioned it to my mom the other day and she was shocked when I named all of the dogs in attendance.

Duke's birthday is April 30th and I brought up the idea of having a dog party to the kids. Of course, it was endorsed immediately. Any reason to have a party with cupcakes is always a hit.

This past Saturday we had Duke's party at the dog park. All of his friends were invited - and when I say friends, he actually has had playdates with each of them.


(Left to Right) Dakota, Sunny, Bonzo, Bella, Cash and Duke (the birthday dog!)




It wouldn't be an Anderson party without special treats. The Duke cupcakes were for the humans. The dogs had a special dog snack.

The party hats were made for each of the dogs by the kids.




Duke was so exhausted on the way home he was sleeping on the armrest. Fun was had by all!

See below for how Duke came to live with us. I promise to have more pictures of the kids in the future. I am catching up a bit since I plan to scrapbook this on blurb.

1 comment:

Katie Anderson said...

Happy Birthday Duke! Aunt Katie loves you very much and we know that Hayden, Spencer and Lincoln want to take you home with us everytime we see you!!!
P.S. If you can handle a dog party with how busy your lives are, I should have no excuses for not giving my kids birthday parties:)