Saturday, July 19, 2008

2008 Pinecrest - Back to the Scene

Our friends have a cabin in Pinecrest. This is where Leah had her accident in the summer of 2007. They had asked up to go up a couple of times since then but I had always come up with an excuse because I couldn't bear to go back. Finally we found a weekend that would work and Jeff was able to go with us this time. This is the first time that Jeff had been up to the Dicksons' cabin. After shedding a few tears as I showed Jeff the window where Leah fell and the field from which she was airlifted, we were able to have a great time.


The kids loved hanging out the lake.

Kayaking is fun and the water was wonderful.

Jeff took Jared and Leah for a 5-mile hike with our friends, the Gehrkes. The hike was beautiful and the kids were exhausted.


It is always great to get away and spend time with the family. We were once again reminded to never take life for granted. We are so glad our little Leah is okay.

No comments: